Dr. Jeff Raines has a PhD in biomedical engineering and was the main researcher in the early 70's at the once very famous Miami Heart Institute in Miami Beach, Florida.  He is still active working at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital Vascular Laboratory.  His phone number is (305) 585-5371.  You may also find one of the nurses that worked with him at the Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute at Baptist Hospital in Miami, Fl.  Her name is Maria Doval.  I am sure that Maria has plenty of stories to tell about the development of the PVR machine.

I feel is important to mention that once the PVR machine was develop and patented, the name of PVR (Pulse Volume Recorder) was recorded and trademarked therefore could not be used by others other than the owners of the trademark.  That is the reason you will find so many variants in the vascular community describing (PVR's) as VPR, RVP, Segmental pressures, etc, creating animosity among leaders in the field.