The word obsurd comes to mind when thinking of using a curved linear probe for a carotid exam.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Rosen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 8:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Transducer Choice

When performing a carotid duplex,  how often does one use an abdominal probe, and why?  It's my understanding that using a linear probe is the probe of choice, even with technically difficult studies including deep vessels.  Does anybody know of any literature published concerning the use of an abdominal probe for carotid duplex exams?

Any dialogs you wish to have can be sent to my personal E-mail should you choose.

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments
transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are
the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without
proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is
strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state
law and regulations. If you have received this information in
error, please notify Baylor Health Care System immediately at
1-866-402-1661 or via e-mail at [log in to unmask] Baylor
Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim
all applicable privileges related to this information.