Why look at butterflies?  Because of the thrill of IDing something new,
that I haven't ever noticed before!  Today it was my first Silvery Blue and
Harvester.

Thank you, Kent, for your visit and information to the Arlington area last
Fri.  I suspect several other than myself are new to butterflying, so I
hope you take time to continually pass along information to the list - like
where to look for the Angelwings (woods), and the fact that food source and
availability for instars will affect the size of the adult (larger later in
the season)...

I saw several 'blues' today.  Since these are subject to special studies,
how many vouchers might you suggest?  (I just re-read your note saying
'6-10 specimens would be ideal, from any one location on any one
date').   How might we list the whites, sulphurs and azures for
quanity?  For instance,  in the field I surveyed today I counted 13 blue
butterflies.   I netted 5 (2 in one shot!).  2 were Silvery Blues and the
rest Spring Azures ( altho one that I collected has distinctive spots on
the upper hind wing similar to what is shown for Cherry Gall Azure (plate
23/6).   Since I was unable to specifically ID many of the distant
flyers,  how do I list them for quanity?   Same is true for sulphurs, and
whites......???

I discovered I still have voucher cards from last year (4854-74) - shall I
discard?

If  any others of you did not get a checklist of known VT Butterflies with
Flight Periods, etc., request one.  It's most helpful for us first-timers.

Lastly,  thanks for the info on your 'field' camera.  I have promptly
misplaced it and the order info.  Could you post it for a suggestion for
all of us - esp. since you have done all the leg work and field testing.

Many thanks,
Ruth

Stewarts
E. Dorset, VT