VBS Volunteers-
Finally, the VBS database is online! Thanks for your patience. Check it out at http://www.uvm.edu/~vbap/projectdata.htm.  It is a good idea to check out your block(s) and list the species that have already been vouchered so you know what you need.  I keep a checklist for each of my 12 blocks and then update it after each visit.

We continue to update the database. For example, we are working on identifying the Phyciodes sp. vouchers (big thanks to Jim Hedbor and Michael Sabourin for working on these!) and the Azures (thanks to Harry Pavulaan!).  We have a good start on getting historic records in the database, but we have a long long road to travel to get them all in there.  About half fo the UVM collection is in the database as well as a number of other smaller historic collections.

This is a last reminder to let us know what block(s) you will be surverying if you have not already.

Happy butterflying.

Kent

Kent P. McFarland
Conservation Biology Dept.