On Tue, 6 May 2003 21:06:45 -0400, Matt Duphphy <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
 I've been drooling at it all
>season long. Obviously it's a major slidepath though, thus the May 3rd
>exploration.

I remember being very impressed with that chute/bowl. IIRC, when I was out
there a major avalanche cycle had just ended and the top part of that had
slid.  You don't want to get caught in anything up there.  Matt, at this
point in the season how do you go about checking the avie danger? Is just
about anything fair game in the spring between storms?  The CAC has
finished issuing reports for a while I think...any reason this late in the
season for concern?

-Scott