Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:46:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Stephen Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CTC] CTCNet Conference - Early Bird registration ends June 2nd!

Hello all:  The 12th Annual CTCNet Conference is just over a
month away, and if you haven't yet registered, be sure to do so
now!  Early-Bird registration ends June 2nd, and rates will
increase after that date. The conference will be held in
Washington, DC, June 27-29, with Pre-Conference events on June
26th.

Register today at http://www2.ctcnet.org/conf/2003/registration.asp

As you all know, our conference grows every year, and this year's
event is particularly important as CTCNet has grown so much since
we last convened in Austin.  Sponsored by Hewlett Packard, the
2003 Conference will have more sessions than ever before and will
repeat popular events such as the Community Technology Share
Fair, the Information Pavilion and our built-in networking
events: Birds of a Feather and Regional Roundtables.

In addition, we will host several Pre-Conference workshops
presented by our partners, including YouthLearn, the Alliance for
Technology Access, the CTC VISTA Project and ScienceQuest.  With
funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services,
all Pre-Conference workshops will be available free of charge.
Find more information, including registration details, at
http://www2.ctcnet.org/conf/2003/preconf.htm

We are also pleased to feature exciting special events designed
to take advantage of our Washington, DC location and to bring to
life this year's theme, Creating Our Future: Shaping the Agenda
of Community Technology.  These activities will include a day of
community technology advocacy on Capitol Hill on June 26th and
the President's Reception the evening of June 27th.

The President's Reception will recognize leaders in community
technology advocacy such as the Leadership Conference on Civil
Rights (LCCR), as well as key congressional supporters such as
Major Owens (D-NY) and Nydia Ve1azquez (D-NY).  Also in
attendance at this special event will be Reps. Danny K. Davis
(D-IL), John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) and Ruben Hinojosa (D-TX).  The
evening's Mistress of Ceremonies will be award-winning CNN anchor
Fredricka Whitfield, and the keynote address will be delivered by
former U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman.  This is an event
you won't want to miss.

See details about all conference activities at
http://www2.ctcnet.org/conf/2003/.  For more information, contact
me, Stephen Quinn, at 202-861-1333 or [log in to unmask]  I look
forward to meeting you all in June!

Stephen

______________________
Stephen Quinn
Conference Coordinator
Community Technology Centers' Network (CTCNet)
2000 P St. NW, Suite 320
Washington, DC 20036
tel: 202.861.1333
fax: 202.318.4312
email: [log in to unmask]
Save the Date!!
Join us June 27-29, 2003 in Washington, DC
CTCNet 12th Annual National Conference
http://www2.ctcnet.org/conf/2003/