On Fri, 23 May 2003 08:35:25 -0600, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Out of curiosity, are you Janets also carrying shovels and probes? Avi
>debris are pretty tough to dig through by hand. BTW, I saw plastic shovels
>snap during an exercise once.

Yes, a Black Diamond shovel (all metal) and a Life Link probe occupy my
pack at all times. Inbounds I'm only partially a Janet and generally don't
carry the pack though... at least not now with the spring snowpack. If
something happens on the East Wall I'm at the mercy of ski patrol's
response time - which would be fairly quick as they watch it at all times.
The beeper stays on my person at all times.