Tenney Mtn. is in southern NH, right?  Even at the time when I grew up in
Boston (a while ago), southern NH was a real big summer getaway spot.
People went by the thousands to Canobie Lake, Winnipesauke, Monadnock
region, Chicorua, Benson's Animal Farm (is that still there?), etc.  It is
not hard to imagine that among all these thousands of families more than a
few could be persuaded to engage in the novelty of tubing on snow in
summer.  Give them credit for an interesting idea.  I see it holding a lot
more future for competing with Disneyland than for skiing.  However if it
enabled the mountain to make money in summer, when the property would
otherwise be lying fallow, that could benefit skiing quite a bit.