Denis Bogan [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>Check out this trip report from over on Telemark Tips,
>http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=9303&forum=1&27
>
>Scroll down near the bottom to see some of the exposed traverses they
had
>to take.  Yikes!  I couldn't do that.  And I thought that Mt.
Washington\
>was big and bad.

Some risks just aren't worth it. That traverse near the bottom looks
like a prime candidate to let go with a bit of added stress (like the
6th skier to cross it, perhaps?).  I might be willing to make that
traverse belayed, given a trusted climbing partner, but I simply
wouldn't do it free-form. It appears to be defying the limits of
angle-of-repose for snow already!

The rest of the tour looked... er...  "interesting" though! Plenty of
vertical, good conditions for skiing steep stuff, blue-bird weather to
boot!

There are too many potential skiing days in my future to risk cutting it
short by being too insistent on that other 100' of vertical. YMMD

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop