Jeremy Malczyk [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>> Not so fast- not reported (since it had no skiing content) was the
fact
>> that the lateness of the run almost forced us to bivy:  At the bottom
of
>> the Auto Road was a locked gate- Gary had to do some extra hikin' to
>> find a phone (since the cellular service wasn't workin').  You can be
>> sure I'll take that into consideration next trip!
>
>Really?
>And what did they say when they let you out? I've always wondered how
>they'd react to overnight parking up there....

According to Gary, the cyborg on the other end of the phone said
something about "doing a sweep of the road" before closing the gates.
Only Mr. McGoo could have missed an SUV parked ~50' from the road in the
parking lot at the top, even in the pea-soup part of the day. Not a
credible story on their part.  I s'pose if you were planning to park at
the top overnight it would be wise to leave a "Gone fishin' back by ..."
note visible in the window.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop