On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Robert H. Maurizi wrote:

> Okay, but is there any way to NOT have it flag emails that it DOESN'T
> think are spam? (I'm getting [NOTSPAM?:#] in the subject of this
> thread, for instance)...

That's just because Kelvin Chu added it, and we're all replying to it.
The mail gateways didn't add it at all!

mga.

> -Rob
>
> On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 11:18 AM, Keith Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Hi Dr, Chu,
> >
> > There is currently no "personal" option for bypassing the PureMessage
> > spam tagging system.
> > And as a reminder, the system is really a SPAM tagging system.
> > Routing of email is not affected. People can choose to utilize the
> > SPAM tag in the subject line to implement filtering, for example
> > routing all
> > email rated over nn to a spam folder.
> >
> > We would love to hear ways people think the system can be improved
> > going forward.
> > Do you know why people want to suppress the tagging?
> >

> > At 11:00 AM 6/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >> Several people have approached me and asked how to disable spam
> >> filtering on their mail.  I went to the webmail address but haven't
> >> seen a way to disable puremessage shoving the word 'Spam' in the
> >> subject heading of messages.
> >>
> >> Is it possible for individual users to disable puremessage?  Will this
> >> solution be implemented in the future?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> -k
> >>

> >> --
> >> Kelvin Chu, Physics Department, Cook Building
> >> 82 University Place, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405-0125
> >> http://www.uvm.edu/~kchu/; (802) 656-0064; Fax: (802) 656-0817
> >>

> --
>
> Rob Maurizi
> Information Systems Analyst
>
> Digital Media Development Lab
> Center for Teaching & Learning
> University of Vermont

Mike Austin                             The University of Vermont
UNIX Systems Programmer                 http://www.uvm.edu/~mga/

When you're holding the moon for ransom, you value stability in an
application.  Linux gives us the power we need to crush those who
oppose us.
        - http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/