Keith (et al),

    One reason people my want to disable the tagging is if it begins to
label a lot of real messages as spam.  This is what happened with me on
my home email.  There were a lot of real notes that I want to file and
use for documentation, etc. that now have the spam label in their
subject lines.  Hopefully this tagging system is a little better than
that one.

Regards,
Marianne
Keith Kennedy wrote:

>Hi Dr, Chu,
>
>There is currently no "personal" option for bypassing the PureMessage spam tagging system.
>And as a reminder, the system is really a SPAM tagging system.
>Routing of email is not affected. People can choose to utilize the
>SPAM tag in the subject line to implement filtering, for example routing all
>email rated over nn to a spam folder.
>
>We would love to hear ways people think the system can be improved going forward.
>Do you know why people want to suppress the tagging?
>

>At 11:00 AM 6/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>

>>Several people have approached me and asked how to disable spam
>>filtering on their mail.  I went to the webmail address but haven't
>>seen a way to disable puremessage shoving the word 'Spam' in the
>>subject heading of messages.
>>
>>Is it possible for individual users to disable puremessage?  Will this
>>solution be implemented in the future?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>-k
>>

>>--
>>Kelvin Chu, Physics Department, Cook Building
>>82 University Place, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405-0125
>>http://www.uvm.edu/~kchu/; (802) 656-0064; Fax: (802) 656-0817

*/Marianne Incerpi Brunetto/*
Accounting Information Systems Manager
University of Vermont