-----Original Message-----
From: Departmental Technology Coordinators
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of J. Greg MacKinnon
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 5:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Antivirus software update

An update to Symantec AntiVirus (formerly known as Norton AntiVirus) now
is available in the UVM software archive:
https://www.uvm.edu/software/

This is Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition version 8.1.  Windows 98,
2000, and XP are supported.

Symantec AntiVirus 9.0 for the Macintosh is not yet available, but we
are working on it.

We are testing a web distribution interface for the software.  If you
would like to try it, connect to:
http://norton2.uvm.edu/WebInstall/

Version 8.1 for servers also is availble.  Windows NT 4, 2000, and 2003
Servers, as well as NetWare 4.2, 5.1, and 6.0 are supported.  An
immediate upgrade is recommended for all current SAV for Servers users.
Try the web installer:
http://norton2.uvm.edu/WebservInstall/
or the traditional installer:
https://www.uvm.edu/software/distribution/windows/antivirus/savserver81.