Hello, folks,

Subject: IT Standards-Tablet discussion
Monday, June 23, 2003
Time: 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Location: Center for Teaching & Learning

I would like to call the IT Standards group together to discuss the Tablet PC. There was quite a bit of interest in the presentation by Motion Computing. Several departments have obtained Tablet PCs, and we now are looking toward students coming in the fall and buying systems or bring systems purchased elsewhere . This raises some questions:
  a.. what level of support can "we" offer?
    a.. Microcomputer Services
    b.. CIT Client Services, Helpline, classroom support
    c.. Training & Development boot camp?
  b.. should we encourage students to buy them?
  c.. what services or software might we look at to take advantage of the Tablet's capabilities?
Are there any other topics for discussion?

--Geoff