Subject: IT Standards-Tablet
Monday, June 23, 2003
1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Location: Center for Teaching
I would like to call the IT Standards group
together to discuss the Tablet PC. There was quite a bit of interest in the
presentation by Motion Computing. Several departments have obtained Tablet PCs,
and we now are looking toward students coming in the fall and buying systems or
bring systems purchased elsewhere . This raises some questions:
- what level of support can "we" offer?
- Microcomputer Services
- CIT Client Services, Helpline, classroom
- Training & Development boot camp?
- should we encourage students to buy
- what services or software might we look at to take
advantage of the Tablet's capabilities?
Are there any other topics for discussion?