From: CMC Medical Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MEDLIB-L] ? LIT SEARCH: safety of patient transport w/IV pole

Hello colleagues,
I am working on a lit search, and finding minimal info
in the medical literature [PubMed & CINAHL] about
transporting patients safely (within the hospital)
on/in stretchers or wheelchairs & rolling IV poles.
Also, is there a move for regulation toward the IV
pole being attached to the medical equipment
(bed/wheelchair)? I used MeSH; am I missing some kind
of terminology? Some of the keywords used so far
include: wheelchair*, "Durable Medical Equipment",
gurney, IV, safety, "patient transfer".  No matter how
I structure the search, the results come in as patient
transfer between medical facilities, not within the
hospital.  I have someone checking the JCAHO regs
also. Any suggestions as to better search terms and/or
sources?  Thanks for any & all assistance.

Cynthia

=====
Cynthia L. M. David, Librarian
Health Sciences Library