I received the answer to my "green book" question:  the book that the
physician was looking for is the Rush University Review of Surgery.  There
is also another book called the "green book," which is the Graduate Medical
Education Directory.

Thanks to all who replied.  Maybe we should suggest to the book vendors that
they make their book covers more varied, so that physicians would start
requesting "the raspberry book" or "the tangerine book" (or better yet, a
whole series of fluorescent shades so we could immediately spot them when
they're misshelved!).

Regards,

Ann Ferrari
Behan Health Science Library