One other way to check for peer-review is to do a CINAHL database
search.  If the title is peer-reviewed, it is assigned to the
Peer-Review subset.  Because the CINAHL producers are concerned about
what is meant when a journal claims peer-review, they established
additional subsets designating the type of peer-review in 2001:
        BP Blind Peer Reviewed
        EB Editorial Board Reviewed
        XP Expert Peer Reviewed

These are assigned to journal titles based on publisher response to a
CINAHL survey. If not assigned, the publisher did not respond...

This feature was news to many attending the CINAHL breakfast at MLA, so
thought I'd share for those of you not there.

Tip sheets for CINAHL and MEDLINE indexing practices are available
online at http://www.whsla.mcw.edu/wsna/index.html, as part of a
presentation I did in March.  Understanding the differences in indexing
practices helps when searching any database.  The EBSCO Academic
collections also indicate peer review status, and I'm sure there are
others.

Hope this helps - Peg

Margaret (Peg) Allen, MLS-AHIP, Library Consultant
PO Box 2, 308 Kann, Stratford, WI 54484-0002
(715) 687-4976 Voice & Fax
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.pegallen.net