I'm thrilled that you're planning for an integrated library - it's the
way to go.

Put priority on evidence-based practice journals:

EBN (Evidence Based Nursing - online free with print?)
Online Journal of Clinical Innovations
Online Journal of Knowledge Synthesis for Nursing

You'll find that nursing's commitment to interdisciplinary care will
increase use of your all administrative, medical and psychosocial
resources.

Also, check into audiovisual resources for skills enhancement - base
choices on recommendations of nurse educators.

See links from my website, below.  NAHRS website has presentation slides
from the Evidence-Based Nursing Practice symposium held at MLA this past
May - includes mine on Electronic Resources, and presentation on most
cited journals (NAHRS Task Force to Map the Literature of Nursing).

Good luck - Peg
Margaret (Peg) Allen, MLS-AHIP, Library Consultant
PO Box 2, 308 Kann, Stratford, WI 54484-0002
(715) 687-4976 Voice & Fax
mailto:[log in to unmask]
 <http://www.pegallen.net/> http://www.pegallen.net