posted on the observatory website:
*****
04:35 AM Wed Jun 18, 2003 EDT
A day like this is not soon forgotten. With temps in the mid-fifties and an
increasing bug-thwarting wind this afternoon, it was perfect outside. All
the staff went for hikes, and I even took a few runs in the Great Gulf for
fun. In an effort to save my dignity since no one I work with or that I see
on the trails believes there is enough snow to ski anywhere, I brought the
camera and set up the timer. You can't really make it out, but yes, I am
laughing at all them.
http://www.mountwashington.org/photos/comments/061804-lg.jpg