I've used the Giro Nine for both lift-served and backcountry -- it doesn't
seem to offer anywhere near as much protection as the Boeri Myto Air I use
for racing, but it is very light (13.6 oz for size medium) and with the
removable side flaps and plugs can be used even during high-exertion
backcountry spring outings.
I've also been thinking about the BD Hemisphere for backcountry days when
I'm trying to decide between my Giro Nine and my Petzl Ecrin Roc.