As long as we are talking baseball, what really amazes me is Cy Young "losing" 315 games.  I guess back then there was no such thing as a bull pen.    Jimski

Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>From: telenaut <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tune in the Yankee game right now

Isn't Phil Niekro (sp?) in that category too? <

Apparently not although you did get me to look it up.

http://www.cnnsi.com/baseball/news/2003/05/14/300_wins/

Interesting page. Check some of the stats of the old timers. I was
especially struck by the games completed record of Charlie "Old Hoss"
Radbourn. Warren Spahn was not bad either. He was a good hitter too; I
remember seeing him win his own game once with a 9th inning home run.
Whatever happened to real men?

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.