> From: matthew h. kulas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> Anybody have any suggestions on how to find an inexpensive,
> yet reliable altimeter?

I've been banging on my Casio for about 5 years now.
It seems to work just fine.  I just use it for my
general purpose watch and it works perfectly for
general trail hiking and such where I just need
enough accuracy to now where I am relative to
landmarks.

If you need super-duper accuracy, effectiveness
at high altitude or features like mongo buttons
then you might look at the other brands.

I paid under $80 for mine.

Dave