From: "Jerm" <[log in to unmask]>

> SO what do you do when the point of the trip is
to make turns, but getting
> to the turns involves umpteen miles of
kicknglide snomo trails? Like the
> Chic Chocs, or Katahdin? Toss the T1's in a
sled?

Most emphatically yes.  XC slippers have their
uses.  And hire a snowmobile gear drop if
available - worth every penny when you're hauling
multi-day cabin gear.  My sled for last year's
trip in Baxter weighed about 60 lbs and I pulled
it for just about 2.5 miles.  That was plenty,
trust me.