> From: Denis Bogan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> Please tell me that doesn't mean what I fear it may mean.

Denis,

He died something like 2 or 3 years ago.  He fought
off cancer once and it reoccured.  If memory serves
me right, it was brain tumors.

He was a great poster to rec.skiing and later
r.s.*.  He also posted to rec.backcountry and
rec.climbing.  His wife sent a tremendously
moving open letter to several of his on-line forums
thanking people for their friendship and support.

His name is listed in Eugene Miya's Panel 16, which
can be found here:
  http://tinyurl.com/fvbj