Hmm, good thing that as a french canadian, I'm not supposed to understand english and the famous rule #462.

for the laughed at, I'm quite used to that, when I hike the mountains after the end of season. Good thing that there is never a person at la Réserve, cause this would be quite boring as I was always there in may this year !

THINK SNOW !!!!!!!

        Frank

Jerm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Scott Braaten wrote:
> until I've skied it in the spring to get a feel for the land. Also, IIRC,
> Jerm's and 'Chromer's August ski was welcomed with a few who frowned at the
> risk. I'd save your carcass for next ski season...just seeing snow in late

That may be true.
But we were only dutifully following SKIVT-L official rule #462:

"Flaming death is a small price to pay for looking shit hot."

I don't make the rules...

If you can endure being laughed at, scolded, heckled, and likely skunked
with nothing but a big wet spot to ski ... then go for it. Otherwise, just
do the hike without skis and lie to us. Nobody will ever know otherwise.

Jerm