For the "standing in that place", she told us she realized that it was quite dangerous after the comments and stories about the accidents of collapsing arches.

And effectively, it looks like there is more snow than your legendary day of august 4, 2001 ;) (I still smile, looking the pics !)

I have a big question now... will I bring my skis ? I'm sure 100% of the people here would answer "yes" to that simple question, but for a 1st visit, I'm not sure if it is a good idea. This would also be my first day with the skis in the back, as I bought my 1st backpack today.

big decision to take.....

         Frank

Jerm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Wow, that's the classic snow arch. There actually looks to be more snow
than the summer Chromer and I skied it. I'm not one to judge but that is
NOT a good place to be standing! Although, in 100 years of snow arch
gawking, only one fatality has resulted.

Jerm