While canoeing on Gale Meadow (at the base of Stratton Mt) today, I spied
an immature sharpshin hawk sitting on one of the dead snags along the pond
edge.  He suddenly swooped down to 'aggitate' the kingfisher who also was
sounding off and flying in the area.  It then became a game of 'it's your
move next' as the birds seemed to take turns dive bombing each other.  I
did see 2 kingfishers at the same time and suspect there were 2 hawks as
well since one seemed to have flown away and then there was another.  Not
much else around for bird activity though - chickadees, l dc.comorant, l
migrating tree swallow and little else.   Not even a goose altho. I have
seen 2 small flocks flying in the past week.

ruth

Stewarts
E. Dorset, VT
USA