On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:09:48 -0400, Rosalind Renfrew <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
To view the osprey nest, go past the path to the pond to the open swamp
filled with dead trees which will be on your left. The road is pretty
overgrown here. There will be sort of a gravel pit on the right. From
the road, look back and the nest is at the top of one of the tall spruces
at water's edge.

Yes, the young pied-billed grebes were able to fly, straight out of the
water. We have no idea if they were born there or not. We never saw them
on our first canoe trip in early July.

Jeanne Prue