From: "Tom Barber" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 5:48 PM
Subject: Odd Pigeons - Escapees?

A friend sent me some photos of two birds that visited her yard in the new
north end of Burlington a few weeks ago. The birds are obviously a type of
pigeon, perhaps escapees from a local breeding place.

They appear to walk very upright and have a black-and-white "ruff" around
their necks that looks like a Ruffed Grouse displaying. their heads are
white as are their tails. They are nearly a matched pair.

Any ideas?

Tom Barber
Burlington, VT