Our academic medical library's Information Services Department is wondering if other health sciences libraries have experience in changing their online search service from fee-based to free.  We currently charge our affiliates a nominal fee for performing a literature search and are considering removing this charge and providing this as a free service.  We're wondering what to expect - will our number of search requests will increase (dramatically?), will we receive different kinds of search topics, etc.

If you'd be willing to share your experiences with this please respond to me.  I'd be happy to summarize for the list if there is interest.

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea S. Horne
Learning Resources Manager