    Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:41:11 -0400
    From: "Stephanie J. Gergely" <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject: Fwd: Please make sure i didnt forget anything and then forward this to
your club list serve
      To: [log in to unmask]

September 28, 2003

Greetings from UVM DREAM!!! DREAM is a non-profit mentoring program that
works with children living in low-income housing communities. UVM students
within the program build stable, one-on-one relationships with the children
and work together with the families and community of these children to
provide experiences, opportunities and resources to which they would
otherwise not have access.

UVM DREAM will be holding the Second Annual Chili-Cookoff fundraiser on
Friday, October 17th from 4-8pm on Redstone Green. The evening will consist
of music, socializing, a raffle, and lots and lots of chili. This is why we
need you: DREAM is asking student organizations, clubs, fraternities,
sororities and all members of the student body to get together and make and
enter a pot of chili into this cookoff. Each pot will be judged by the
students that come to eat and there will be a variety of awards given out.
Entrance fee is $5 per group and participants get free food for the night.
Groups that enter should bring enough chili to serve 20-50 people and we ask
that all participants be on Redstone Green by 3:30 pm and provide their own
pots and serving utensils.

We are strongly encouraging and thoroughly expecting the previously named
groups to come out on Friday, October 17th to enjoy some great food, hear
some amazing music, and hang out. If you are interested in entering a pot of
chili or have any questions, please contact Kate Haggerty at
[log in to unmask] or 802-542-4822 by Wednesday, October 8th. This is
a great opportunity to come together to build our school community and show
support for UVM and eachother. Thanks so much and we hope to hear from
everyone soon!

Sincerely,

DREAM
Direction through Recreation Education Adventure and Mentoring

----- End forwarded message -----