We've had very good experiences with both Gateway laptops and desktops.
Their tech support has been quick and effective.  Maybe they just like
us better :)

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Mount Mansfield Union School District
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 3711

If you have the funds, go for the IBM. You will see a greater ROI due
less maintenance and a better product. My second choice is the
Dell--good
machines, but not quite an IBM. I would avoid Gateway at all
costs---we've
had nothing but problems with the machines and the service. Also, find
good reseller in the area or email Bill Vermouth at
[log in to unmask] He will be helpful in answering any of your
questions and is competitive in pricing.

Hope this helps.

Amy Smith
Computer Technology Coordinator
Virtual High School Site Coordinator
Brattleboro Union High School
131 Fairground Road
Brattleboro, VT 05301
(802)257-0356 ext.314

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student
information and you are not entitled to access such information under
FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you
destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to
anyone.