Hi all. I have a mallard and a wood duck who are ready for release. Ideally,
I would like to release where there is no hunting and with other
conspecifics. From your posts, I thought that Lake Bomoseen is a good
choice. Do any of you know if there is duck hunting going on there?  I am
quite attached to these guys - the wood duck was found newly hatched with no
momma to be found, and the baby mallard was found on a golf course with a
bad wound on its neck.  They are not human imprinted but will get within a
few feet of me. It would be awesome to let these guys go into a great duck
habitat.  Any other suggestions, besides Lake Bomoseen?  Thanks!

Helena
NorthStream Wildlife Rehab
Burlington, VT