Had the pleasure of hiking Manfield yesterday and seeing a number of
birds moving over the summit and surrounding ridges. Some of the flyby
were quite close allowing great observations. Also present were the
resident ravens putting on their wind surfing displays and awesome vocal
range. The birds I could clearly see were:

5 Kestrels
1 Merlin
3 Large Accips(most likely coops)
1 Sharp Shinned Hawk
1 Northern Harrrier (this was the coolest bird for me and the last of
the day, shooting low over the west chin in the setting sun)

An exciting hike and copious rewards for bringin my bincos... Oh and we
didn't see one other person on the whole hike. Very cool.

Happy Birding!!

Silas Miller
South Burlington