Dana's story about the yahoos at Dead Creek was both scary and
thought-provoking. We birders do spend a lot of money and do contribute to conservation
groups - but I have thought for many years that we need a visible sign of
financial contributions to wildlife management places specifically, the equivalent of
a duck stamp that we can display on our car, a signal that says "I am a paying
visitor; it's right that this place is managed for my interests as well as
yours". The wildlife management areas could use the extra money and we birders
would have a voice in how the places are managed.

PS - Two   American golden plovers joined the group at Brilyea early Saturday
afternoon.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center