On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:13:40 -0700, Miguel Naughton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>--- Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Scott, one thing to remember is that a lot of the new friends that
>> you'll want to slide with will be snowboarders.
>
>I think Chrusch is on to something.  It ain't about the skiing, it's
>about friends.  So just buy a pass at the resort that most students
>are choosing.  This will maximize your chance of skiing with your new
>dorm friends or that cute babe in your psych class.  In any case, the
>skiing will be better at Stowe/Smuggs/Bush/Jay than at Gore, so you
>can't go wrong.

That's exactly what I'm thinking right now. And yes, anything will be
better then Gore most of the time.  El Scorpion has put in a pretty
convincing word for Stowe.  And I'd really like to sample the Mansfield
backcountry.  I can always look for deals for day tickets at MRG, Smuggs,
and even Jay.  I'm trying to sell my new friends on the idea that an extra
$150 is worth the trip to Stowe vs. Jay.  Also, one catch I found with the
Jay thing...we dont have a car and the Jay bus doesn't start running till
after winter break.  If they think I'm not getting any turns in until the
end of January they've got another thing coming.

I plan on skiing in October.

-Scott