I agree with you, James, for the september 1 in general for the beginning of the ski season. Honestly, after seeing the same conversation on 2-3 boards, I fastly looked to the recent thread about this, here, but everywhere, sept. 1 looks to be the most frequent choice.

This is good for Tucks or the West for sure, but in Quebec, the Folies sur Neige is really the first sign of winter coming, so I would definitively count it in the 2003-04 season, for Quebec. Anyway, we passed 3 months since my last day at la Réserve and we're under 2 months of the opening of St-Sauveur, so it's closer to 2003-04 in my mind.

Frank

James Dugan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Very interesting Frank.  However, you did not get the first ski report of the year.  You got the last.  The question went out recently on the list as to when one stops counting days from one season and starts the next.  The response was as of Sept 1.  Your report is dated Aug 30.  Sorry to throw a wet blanket on your report however I am just jealous since you were there and I wasn't.  Nice pix.    Jimski

Frank Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I forgot to report here, but we got some "ski" last weekend at Mont Saint-Sauveur, at the annual "Folies sur Neige". It's a ski competition with a narrow trail of snow going down to a pool. There was also a snowpark on the "Nordique" trail.

Here is a report of the event with many pics, for those interested

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/discus/messages/2508/2703.html?1062553268

THINK SNOW !!

       Frank

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.