The storm has brought some treasures to our area. Thanks to the alertness of
Ruth Stewart (she didn't have time to scan the float) I went to Benedict
Pond in East Dorset to see what was in the float. There are 110+ Black
Scoters, 3 Surf Scoters (male) and 2 White-winged Scoters (1 male & 1
female). This we believe to be a first for this pond.
Next I went to Bullhead Pond and found another 10 Black Scoters plus three
mallards.
Onto Prentis Pond at the Manchestewr Golf Course and there found 13 mallards
and 2 Green-winged Teal plus 9 juncos, 5 song sparrows & 8 white-crowned
sparrows.
On the way home on the west side of the North Road there are now 1,000+
Canada Geese hanging out in a farmers field plus 100 crows and maybe 50+
ravens.
I don't know if the scoters are going to stay long but anyone in our area
should go for a look. It was wonderful to see them up close.
Barbara Powers
Manchester Center

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es