Ellen Jareckie, Shelburne, VT wrote:  A Red-winged Blackbird was at my
birdfeeder this afternoon, stuffing itself with seeds. Shouldn't that bird have gone
on winter vacation by now?

I took a trip to Crown Point today from Leicester.  On the way over I saw a
large flock of Redwings and Grackles.  Also spotted a Northern Harrier, and a
few  Goldfinches by the side of Rt. 125.  Sadly, one bird was perched on the
dead body of another in the road.  Many Starling "globes" wheeling about, and a
huge flock of Crows heading south.  Out near McCuen Slang we were overflown by
Snow Geese headed for DCWMA.  On the way home I passed another flock of
Redwings & Grackles near the West Salisbury covered bridge.

Shelagh Smith, Leicester.