Sunday 10/25:  Great day for birding around dead creek.
Some highlights...

'thousands' of snow geese close to road at viewing area including several dressy
dark morph 'blue geese'

brilyea access near rt 17:
30+ green-winged teal mixed with blacks and mallards
several light and dark morphed rough-legged hawks

At tri-town water plant:
10 drake long tailed ducks,
several common loons, a northern mockingbird flitting about with chickadees and
juncos.

At Jersey st fishing access:
6 drake gadwall and several females mixed with canda geese, snow geese, common
meragansers and mallards.
1 Female northern harrier

At Potash Bay: a raft (100+/-) of white-winged and black scoters (another birder
told me he had seen surf scoters there as well, but I was unable to verify).
Nice close up looks at 5 horned grebes.

Button Bay boat access:  More scoter sp., 3 greater yellowlegs

Carl Anderson