...... Forwarded Message .......
From: "Sandy Caligiore"
To: "Ted Blazer" , "Jeff Byrne" , "Fran
Sayers" , "Jay Rand" , "Bruce
McCulley" , "Bridget Hinman"

, "Alyssa Dion" , "aleks
hickey"
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:21:54 -0400
Subj: Whiteface Mt highway: it's snowing

WILMINGTON, N.Y. - The first snow of the season has forced the temporary
closure Wednesday of the Whiteface Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway.
Mountain staff reported a temperature of 31 degrees at 10 a.m. with
flurries.
"It's snowing right now with just enough to cover the ground," said Ron
Rosio, a Whiteface Mountain highway supervisor. "We hope to open later this
morning. We're a little socked in with clouds, and the top of the highway
is a little slick."
The five-mile Veterans Memorial Highway is a popular tourist
attraction from May to October. However, there have been recent years where
the venue has had some difficulty reaching its Columbus Day closing due to
high-elevation snow fall.
"I guess the ski season is a bit closer than we think," added Rosio.
For more information, please call 518-946-7175.

Sandy Caligiore
ORDA
Director of Communications
518-523-1655 x 213