On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Roger Klinger wrote:
> Not the full story, but here's another snippet:  I spent the majority of my
> 1980's ski days at Huntah.  Back then they actually had that cut on the
> map, with the words "proposed expansion".  For 5 or 6 years Hunter regulars
> were teased with the hope of expansion to a new mountain.

Ahhh yes, I remember that... Didn't realize it was actually cut. Looks
pretty clear on the aerial, I'm sure it's skiable. Any idea how much
further they were planning to expand? If they could get lifts all the way
to the top of Hunter it would be huge, the bowls off the east side of the
summit look sweet on the topo, and I have to imagine the snow is a bit
more reliable up there, it's another 900 vertical to the top.

Jerm