On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:42:38 -0700, Miguel Naughton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Sure, if we must have challenge *and* trees, then Hunter gets
>eliminated.  But if we can forget about trees for a while, then
>Hunter thumps Gore.  Gore's problem is that nothing exciting lasts
>for more than 500 vert.  The best thing I found was the upper
>(unofficial) and lower Chatiemac glade combination.  Really nice,
>but only about 500 vert.  Then there's the Double Barrel bump
>run, pretty cool but about 500 vert.  Same thing for Twister, etc.
>It's true that I don't know the secret places, but for the "on map"
>and "close to map" stuff, Gore has limitations.

I completely agree with you on the fact that Gore's best trails are short
and they do lack in the mogul department...most of the time severely.  The
double barrel run is great and can seem really long if you cross Hawkeye
and continue down under the Straightbrook quad (the Straightbrook Glades
area).  Some good bump lines form down there but they are mixed in with
rocks and the occasional stick poking through.

-Scott