From Sunday's Mt Washington observer's comments:
"While we hear reports of beautiful foliage and pleasant fall-like weather
in the valley a mere 5000 feet below, winter refuses to release its grasp
from our mountain top. The summit spent the entire day in the freezing
fog, with rime ice building over our windows and forbidding an
unexceptional view. With a few passing snow showers and another inch in
the snow gauge, we now have reported snow during six of the last seven
days. Keeping it?s presence known as well, the wind again pushed all of
this new snow in drift and piles between rocks and buildings, and onto the
snowfields! I again ran out after shift for a few carves on the snowboard,
and was very pleased how much coverage the rough terrain is seeing. If
this keeps up, we?ll soon make it all the way down to the Alpine
Garden...great news for early season skiers."

Someone on this list has to be going up there to ski ;)

-Scott