On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:00:01 -0700, Miguel Naughton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>With a little time on my hands, and still feeling good about those
>Cubbies, I decided to rank NY ski areas.  This list is prioritized
>for people that want challenging runs and trees.  I'm curious to hear
>what others think of this ranking.

Miguel, it seems you forgot a very important contender... Hickory Ski
Center has a vert of 1230' but according to my sources packs a punch of the
Magic Mtn variety. They have no snowmaking and are open weekends only with
very few skiers. The trail map doesn't look too impressive,

http://www.skiresortsguide.com/gfx/trailmaps/ny20tm01f.jpg

but first hand reports have been very favorable.