On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:15:40 -0400, Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I guess there's probably a few anti-motorsport purists out there who would
>say that it sacrifices something in the soul department.  However, it's
>kinda like the choice between piloting a big sailing yacht and gunning an
>800 horse watercooled twin 454 inboard cigarette boat at 90 knots.
>Different, but no better than the each other.

I agree, and disagree.  What about environmental impacts of riding a sled
where ever you please?  I do not want to start an environmental debate
because I know very little and would make a fool of myself, but I still
have to think there is some negative impact of letting sleds run wild out
there.  Never the less...if someone offered me the option to go out and do
some backcountry skiing with sled assist, I'd gladly go.

-Scott