-----Original Message-----
From: Jerm <[log in to unmask]>, Sent: Oct 2, 2003 11:55 AM

>Is there an abandoned liftline or something to skiers left of Hunter West?
>Looks like it goes higher up than the rest of the ski area. Is that a
>failed expansion or something? Also, it looks like there's an old slide
>path to skiers right of K-27 that would spit you out down between Hunter
>and Hunter One (runs down Shanty Hollow). Anyone ever ski these?

I've heard rumors from list members and non-list members that it is indeed a planned and then abondened lift line.  If you drive past Hunter (when driving from Thruway), you can see the lift line.  Look back in the rear-veiw mirror as you leave "town".   Rumor has it that it's about a 30 minute hike.  Honestly, I haven't been out there myself.

sean