Index will take up the least amount of space.

 From http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SHOWTPL=SETTINGS-HELP&L=skivt-l#SUBTYPE

Subscription Type

     * Regular

       With a "regular" subscription, you receive individual postings
immediately, as they are processed by LISTSERV.

     * Digest (traditional)
     * Digest (MIME format)
     * Digest (HTML format)

       With a "digest" subscription, you receive larger messages (called
"digests") at regular intervals, usually once per day or once per week.
These "digests" are collections of individual list postings. Some lists
are so active that they produce several digests per day.

       Digests are a good compromise between reading everything as it is
posted and feeling like the list is clogging your mailbox with a
multitude of individual postings.

       There are three digest formats: a "traditional", text-only
format; a MIME format, which (with mail clients that understand MIME
digests) "bursts" the individual messages out of the digest so that you
can read them separately; and an HTML format, which requires an HTML
mail clients.

     * Index (traditional)
     * Index (HTML format)

       With an "index" subscription, you receive short "index" messages
at regular intervals, usually once per day or once per week. These
"indexes" show you what is being discussed on the list, without
including the text of the individual postings. For each posting, the
date, the author's name and address, the subject of the message and the
number of lines is listed. You can then download messages of interest
from the server (the index contains instructions on how to do that).

       An index subscription is ideal if you have a slow connection and
only read a few hand-picked messages. The indexes are very short and you
do not have to worry about long download times. The drawback of course
is that you need to reconnect to order messages of interest from the server.

       You can choose to have the index sent to you in either a
traditional format (plain text) or in HTML format with hyperlinks.