On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:45:57 -0400, Scott Braaten
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I've got a rear wheel drive Volvo and that has got
>to be about the worst car in the snow I've ever seen.

I'm a little bit tired of volvo station wagons getting such a bad rap in
the snow. My (now deceased: 1984-2000) 1984 DL wagon handled the App Gap
like a champ with snow tires and three cinder blocks - only once did it
lose traction and slide in reverse down 17. I'm a firm believer in the
importance of knowing what your car is capable of doing more so than its
capability overall (Just look at all the yahoos I went to college with who
wrecked their SUVs on a weekly basis, ssenneknurd aside).

The best thing about rear-wheel wagons though, in my opinion, is that you
can make your friends sit in the wayback for extra traction.

-Evan